Resolution #2007-2: Limits on Homebased, Commercial, Retail or Wholesale Businesses
LIMITATIONS ON SELLING OR DISTRIBUTING PRODUCTS THROUGH HOMEBASED, COMMERCIAL, RETAIL OR WHOLESALE BUSINESSES AS APPROVED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF GEORGETOWN.
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GEORGETOWN AS FOLLOWS:
The Mayor and City Council unanimously hereby pass a resolution stating no business or individual selling or distributing (whether homebased, commercial, retail, or wholesale) any of the following, shall be allowed to operate within the city limits of Georgetown or its impact area:
1. liquor by the drink
2. alcohol to be consumed on premises
3. packaged liquor or wine (not to include beer)
4. pornographic books or magazines
5. pornographic movies or DVD’s (beyond an “R” rating)
6. adult sex products (not to include items normally found in a grocery, drug, or department store)
7. adult entertainment of any kind including but not limited to pornographic internet access or any other form of the same, (beyond what would be considered personal use)
8. gambling, wagering, or games of chance, whether on premises or by internet or electronic access, Or any other form of the same, (beyond what would be considered personal use). This is not to include state sponsored lottery sales.
In addition to the above, it shall be required of any business planning to operate within the city limits of Georgetown or in its impact area, after the passage date of this resolution, to present to the City Council their intentions and business plan at a regularly scheduled City Council meeting. Thc council has the option to accept or reject the operation of the business as presented.
If the business is accepted, it will be expected that there be no appreciable change in the business from what was presented to the council. If significant changes occur, the council will require another review.
If the business is rejected by the City Council, the applicant will have opportunity to make such changes as necessary and reapply to the City Council for reconsideration.
PASSED BY THE CITY COUNCIL AND APPROVED BY THE MAYOR of the City of Georgetown, Idaho this 6th day of March 2007.
CITY OF GEORGETOWN
(s) ALBERT K. JOHNSON, MAYOR
ATTEST: Marty Nate, City Clerk